Performing arts : Final reflection

It all started when I got the opportunity to go on Erasmus. In the beginning I was very enthousiastic about going to another country, learn how to live there and going to school. 
After a while I started doubting about it. I don't know why but I suddenly felt fear of not being able to manage it on my own for so long. I also couldn't image myself, leaving everyone and everything behind. I gave up and let it go. 

At the end of last year, I received a phone call from my teacher, who said that if I would change my mind of going on Erasmus, it still was possible to sign in. Than I started to think about it again and now we are here. :) 

At the first day of school I was very nervous. I didn't know what to expect and how the other Erasmus people would be like, same for the teachers. I knew that it was going to be different than my school in Belgium but still, I was a little bit scared. 
But once i arrived and saw the teachers and the others students, I felt really relieved. Everyone was a little bit nervous so I wasn't the only one who felt like a little, scary bird. 

After the introduction of Ana Dias, we started to get to know each other. Socializing with the other students and to be honest it went quiet well! I immediately made some new friends, who still are my best friends till now, so I can't complain.
I really enjoyed going to school overhere. It is so different than in Belgium. The teachers are closer to the students and they seem to like everyone. Also the classes are more relaxed, even though we still have to work. But I mean that it didn't look like going to school sometimes. I didn't have the same feeling of going to school like I feel in Belgium. 

The country itself was lovely too. I visited some really beautiful places like Sintra, Cascais, Evora, Sesimbra, Coimbra, lisbon, etc. It is so different than Belgium. We don't have places like this, the views are amazing as well for the landscape! 
I am glad that I came here, I haven't regret it for one minute.

Traveling for me was a new experience but I love it. I found out that I am very independent and that I can manage it on my own. I don't have to be scared of anything because I now I can do it. Although the lack of having your family around you is not that pleasant but that's a part of traveling.
I fell in love with this country and I can not wait to see what else the world has to offer and I am going back to Portugal for sure! 


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The most common problem in Belgium...

De Queijo de Azeitao

Santuàrio de Nossa Senhora do Cabo Espichel